Sunday, November 29, 2015

Blog 6


Day by day goes by and I always wondered what every homeless person’s story was. What led them to that point in life to give up so easily? Living in New York City there is a lot of benefits for any and every one. We wonder why they continue to stay on the streets when they can easily go to the shelter or try on their feet. I came to realization that everyone has a different story. Each person doesn’t have the same story line. We pass each homeless person thinking the reason he’s begging is to support his or her habits well we are wrong. Every day I would pass John Doe and I would wonder what his story was. He looked so humble and would take anything you gave him, be it food, drink or money. I asked one day What led you to this point of your life and why can’t you get help, so he told me that “there was one point in his life that he was very successful and had everything he wanted except a family of his own”.
   We then start to wonder what happened. Well john told me how he once had friends and family and being the loving, caring and humble person that he was whenever some would need help he wouldn’t hesitate to help because he thought they would do the same for him. Well that’s wrong because the opposite happened as things were looking bad for him, right before his eyes everyone else started to become successful and no one would help. I found his story so sad because I knew how he felt and been through it a thousand times. Growing up my mother always told me when you do things for A do not expect A to do it back for. Expect it from somewhere else. Basically when you do something for someone expect the blessing from someone else. It’s like karma in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment